Island Experiences was founded in 1998 and is under the directorship of Gunda Busch-Harewood, who was born in the North of Germany and has lived in Trinidad for over 30 years. With over 20 years experience in the tourism industry she covered the most important aspects of tourism and destination management, specifically tour guiding, tour coordinating, marketing in Trinidad & Tobago and abroad, managing, planning and supervising.
ISLAND EXPERIENCES is a Destination Management Company / Incoming Tour Operator servicing both Trinidad & Tobago. We are cultural ambassadors to T&T - bringing visitors closer to the mystical and wonderful nature of our very special islands and their amazing people.
We pride ourselves in being able to guarantee a highly personalized service – we create and implement both group itineraries as well as individual packages with the utmost precision and customisation to ensure our customer’s satisfaction.
- Itinerary planning (groups and individuals)
- Airport transfers
- Meet & Greet
- Accommodation bookings
- Car Rental and domestic flight bookings
- Tours & Excursions (multi-lingual)
- Destination Briefings
- General representation (outgoing tour operators/travel agents)
- Specialized tour services, e.g. birding, hiking, adventure etc.
- 24 hours emergency service
- Large & Small Scale Events
- Incentives / Team Builders
Cruise Ship Services
- Cruise Ship Ground Handling
- We are a full member of TTITOA (Trinidad & Tobago Incoming Tour Operators Association)
- We are a full member of THRTA (Trinidad Hotels, Restaurants & Tourism Association)
- We are a member of FCCA (Florida Caribbean Cruise Association)
- We are certified by "Trinidad & Tobago Tourism Industry Certification" (TTTIC) / Bureau of Standards. This certification guarantees Public Liability Insurance coverage.