The remnants of Fort Abercromby can be found on a projector overlooking the bay located immediately to the north of Las Cuevas Bay. This was built by the British in 1804 as part of the fortification of Trinidad, including Fort George and North Post.
It was originally intended to be used as a supply point for the British forces in Trinidad in case they were ever forced to leave Port-of-Spain, and as an exit point in case of evacuation. In 1805 the fort was mistakenly destroyed, but to this day Fort Abercromby remains a place of interest due to its historical significance with two remaining cannons, remnants of its stone wall, and its splendid ocean views. We strongly advise that persons unfamiliar with the area try to not visit at night time.