No Reservation Required

6:00 a.m to 6:00 p.m Daily

Cost: Free

Parking Area

Dedicated to the memory of Charles Joseph Count de Lopinot and situated in Arouca, lies a small museum. After fighting alongside the British to stop the Haitian Revolution, he arrived in Trinidad in 1800. Located on the grounds of a former cocoa estate, the museum which is in the style of the 1800’s, is surrounded by large shady Samaan trees with picnic benches underneath them. The Lopinot Community Centre is located across from the museum and local handicraft items are available for purchase there. In close proximity, there is also a small cemetery where the Count and his wife are buried. Nearby, there is a river where locals usually relax and cook during the day. Lopinot proves to be a day of relaxation, ideally for the family.